Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby Love

This past weekend I was in Peoria for my sister's baby shower.  I am so excited about my new niece/nephew (I'm crossing my fingers for a girl!) and can't wait to buy it stuff and teach it funny things to say.
As my gift to little Baby B., I made him/her a quilt this winter.  The nursery is a gorgeous dusty turquoise color, with accents of orange, green, and brown.  It is totally Better Homes & Gardens. 
This quilt was so much fun and actually really quick to put together.  I sent it out to Karie to quilt, and then did my first ever machine binding (I normally do them by hand.)  Although I prefer the look of hand stitching the binding, the time saved really makes up for it so I will probably machine bind future quilts as well.


Here is the quilt.  This pattern is called "Tumbling Triangles" and is from the All People Quilt website.  You can find it here.

On a side note, I am always excited when I find another fun and interesting blog to read.  My recommendation for the week is The Taste Bud Diaries.  This fun little food blog is not only creative, informative and fun, but best of all is written by a friend of mine who just happens to be a 9th grader.  Her recipe for Orange Poppyseed Muffins looks delightful.  I may have to try them out this week...

The Taste Bud Diaries

2 comments:

  1. This quilt is gorgeous! I adore it! I am so ready to get into this art form, but until then, I'll just admire and drool over your creations.

    And I love a new blog! Thanks for the recommendation. I especially love that that she gives a short history of the food she is about to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt--you're so talented!!

    ReplyDelete