Saturday, January 15, 2011

Busy as a Bee

This week has been such a busy week.  We've had confirmation at church--confirming 78 wonderful young people (so proud of all of you!).  Even with all of the preparations and special ceremonies surrounding that, I've was still able to finish my current quilting project.  I used the Retro Christmas Quilt pattern from the Diary of a Quilter, but used some fabric from the Moda 12 Days of Christmas line plus some other random prints I had as well.  I decided to tie this quilt instead of hand quilting, which makes it a little fluffier, was definitely faster, and adds a fun texture to it as well.  Then, I finished it off with a red polka dot batik just for fun.  I am super happy with the results. 

Cute, huh?  I'm glad to have it ready for Christmas 2011!
I've been trying to decide what's up next.  I have a baby quilt to make for a friend as well as several other possible projects lined up.  Oh how I love you winter---I don't feel the least bit guilty for staying inside to quilt all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment