Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A little pre-Valentine's Day Festivity

I know, I know.  It's been way too long since I posted last.  It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks...a youth ministry conference at which I presented, a funeral, a retreat, and 8th grade curriculum that is fun but takes a lot of prep time.  Whew.  But, it is all over and I once again have some time to create and write. 

Last Saturday, a group of friends got together and did a little sewing.  Our project was a simple quilt-as-you- go table runner.  A few weeks ago I had found an adorable heart themed print at a quilt shop, and while not quite sure what it would become, I picked up a yard of it.  Well, it became the inspiration for this runner (with enough left over to make a pillow as well!).

Cute, huh?  If you want to check out the instructions, you can find them here.  I also was inspired to make some brownie pops from the Farm Chicks website as well---so delicious and easy peasy.  Here are mine,


I made these for our Girls' Group gathering on Monday, and they were a hit.  My husband liked them too. I am not sure what our project will be for next week, as we meet on actual Valentine's Day.  I asked the girls what they wanted to do, and they suggested I bring my husband for show and tell. Hmmmm...interesting, but I was thinking of something slightly more creative.  Any ideas?  I am toying with molten chocolate cakes or something equally decadent.

Last, but not least, I did have a little time last week to go antiquing with my friend, Jane.  I picked up a couple of vintage tablecloths.  I love their happy, springtime prints, but best of all, they will make awesome table coverings for a fundraiser for the Soul Sisterhood Retreat in April. 



I am especially in love with the yellow rose print on the right.  It has a little bit of pretty blue in it as well.  I can just see it set for a pretty springtime table with a vase of daffodils.  Ah, spring, you seem so far away still.  In any case, if any one of you (or your grandma!) are hoarding some of these tablecloths and would like to make some space in your linen closet, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment